Mary Bowden is highly regarded for her artistry and virtuosity as a soloist and has been praised for the clarity, purity, and power of her sound. She has been featured on MPR’s New Classical Tracks with Julie Amacher, which is being aired on NPR stations nationwide.
1) Badinerie (from Orchestral Suite No. 2 in B Minor, BWV 1067)
2) Cakewalk Suite: I. Général Lavine-Eccentric (from Préludes, Book II, No. 6, L 117)
3) Cakewalk Suite: II. Rêverie (L68)
4) Cakewalk Suite: III. Golliwog's Cakewalk (from Children's Corner, L113)
7) Alla Turca (from Piano Sonata No. 11 in A Major, KV331)
8) La Fille Aux Cheveaux De Lin (Preludes Book I, No. 8, L 123)
9) Erbarme Dich, Mein Gott (from Matthäus-Passion, BWV 244)
11) Concerto in C Minor: I. Andante e Spiccato
12) Concerto in C Minor: II. Adagio
13) Concerto in C Minor: III. Presto
14) Der Hölle Rache (from Die Zauberflöte, KV 620)
15) August Beguine
16) Variations on Bellini's Norma
‘…brilliant…radiant in new repertoire for trumpet…’
Mary Bowden is highly regarded for her artistry and virtuosity as a soloist and has been praised for the clarity, purity and power of her sound. She has been featured on MPR’s New Classical Tracks</b> with Julie Amacher, which is being aired on NPR stations nationwide. Bowden is the First Prize winner of the International Women’s Brass Conference Trumpet Competition.
Bowden is a founding member of both Seraph Brass and the Chrysalis Chamber Players. Seraph has been a guest ensemble at the International Trumpet Guild Conference, International Women’s Brass Conference, and twice at the Lieksa Brass Week in Finland. They released their debut album, Asteria, on Summit in 2018, which has been awarded a Silver Medal Global Music Award.
An experienced orchestral musician, Bowden is currently Principal Trumpet of the Artosphere Festival Orchestra and a member of the Iris Orchestra. She has served as Principal Trumpet of the Sarasota Opera Orchestra, Lakes Area Music Festival Orchestra, New Zealand’s Auckland Philharmonia, the Daejeon Philharmonic in Korea and with Seraphic Fire’s Firebird Chamber Orchestra. At the Lucerne Festival in Switzerland, she held the principal chair in Pierre Boulez’s performance of Mahler’s Symphony No. 6. The Luzerner Zeitung described her playing in one word – outstanding. Bowden is also a member of the Richmond Symphony Orchestra. She also performed many dates on Adele’s 2016 North American tour.